Holy Ghost Church by j Bruscini

FHEOH-20171126-P52.JPG
Holy Ghost Church (alternatively, The Church of the Holy Ghost) was built between 1889 and 1901. Bishop Harkins' intent for the Holy Ghost was to allot space for the presence of Italian Catholics migrating to the Federal Hill area. Where it faced some issues at its start, the Holy Ghost became an important institution of religion, culture, and social services for the community.